Charity Acid Attack Victim
raised of 15,00,000 goal
days to go
ACID ATTACKS IN INDIA
Every year, India witnesses an estimated 1,000 reported acid attacks. Make Love Not Scars was registered as an NGO in 2014 to help rehabilitate survivors of acid attacks and campaign for an end to over-the-counter sale of acid. However, these numbers are highly misleading. The actual extent of the problem is much larger.
We must put an end to acid violence, and WISH TO RAISE FUNDS TO SET UP A REHABILITATION CENTER FOR ACID ATTACK SURVIVORS IN MUMBAI! <3
ABOUT MAKE LOVE NOT SCARS
Make Love Not Scars is a registered Indian non-government organization that focuses on the rehabilitation of acid attack survivors from all walks of life. Operating under the trademarked name of Make Love Not Scars (MLNS), we offer five stages of rehabilitation.
Till date, Make Love Not Scars has rehabilitated over 60 survivors through our rehabilitation center in New Delhi. However, we wish to take our efforts across India and now wish to raise funds to set up a similar rehabilitation center in Mumbai.
Below are the 5 stages of rehabilitation we offer:
The rehabilitation in Mumbai would help survivors gain access to the best medical, legal and educational facilities as well as provide a safe haven if they come from abusive backgrounds.
It would be modelled as a replica of the rehabilitation center in New Delhi and will provide the following help:
1) Safe Accommodation:
- Fully functioning kitchen and bedrooms
- Full time nurse for post operative care
- Safe haven for abused survivors who have nowhere else to go
2) Psychological Aid:
- Therapeutic dance and Yoga classes
- Therapy with professional psychologists, psychiatrists and councillors
3) Vocational and Skill Training:
- Classes in english, math and computers. (Our survivors in New Delhi just received brand new DELL laptops!)
4) Small Business Incubator:
- Training in how to run and manage small businesses in order to gain income. (Our New Delhi survivors make hand made candles and design cups for sale!)
-Collaborations with the government to end acid sale. In 2015, the Supreme Court of India directed states to uphold the ban on over the counter sale of acid as a result of our campaign #EndAcidSale.
- Collaborations with entrepreneurs. Our New Delhi center collaborates with Project Três from Brazil through which our survivors make and sell recycled necklaces for Carla Maria De Souza, the founder of the project.
-Corporations. Our center acts as the headquarters for meeting interested corporate partners who can help us take our cause further. In Delhi, we collaborate with Magneti Marelli.
- Media Partners. From being covered by Huffington Post, New York Times, The Times of India, People Magazine, Time Magazine, Daily Mail and other reputed global channels, we ensure that our survivors have a voice and Mumbai is the hub of all media collaboration! The center will act as a point of communication.
Below are some pictures of the activities taking place at our rehabilitation center in New Delhi :)
At Make Love Not Scars, we believe that each and every survivor deserves a better chance at life. No dream is too big and no pain, too little. We wish to help each of our survivors to the best of our abilities and urge you to join our mission. Need a little more convincing? Check out our success stories online!
WITH YOUR HELP, WE CAN HELP HUNDREDS OF SUCH SURVIVORS IN MUMBAI. If you have any more questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org