Creative Social Entrepreneurship
eSamskriti.com is for all those who Love and Wish to Showcase India.
eSamskriti.com is for all those who Love and Wish to Showcase India.
raised of 16,00,000 goal
days to go
eSamskriti.com is an authentic treasure chest of the Knowledge that once powered India and keeps doing so even today. This wisdom, history, culture is made available,contemporarized and includes over 1,200 articles and 14,000 photographs. It is an archive, of India today and India that was – not just in India but across the world.
The eSamskriti effort started in 2001. The site was re-launched in August 2017. It is now in a contemporary, global and mobile friendly format.
Josephine McLeod, a long time follower of Swami Vivekananda, once asked him, "Swamiji, how can I best help you?" his answer was, "Love India".
Vision: To be the most comprehensive and largest knowledge bank of Indian Culture and Heritage on the web.
How is eSamskriti contributing to the nation?
1. We offer people a unique digital platform to learn about and experience India
2. We enable tourists to discover India through fresh eyes
3. We educate children and other groups about this nation and its culture
4. We seek to bring about an integration of the North East and other parts to the mainstream of the whole country through increased awareness
5. We would like to showcase and support the Indian Armed Forces and their efforts
6. Most important, we see ourselves, in our humble way, as contributing to building & showcasing India's soft power.
What is the nature of content and how is it presented?
Content is presented in the form of Articles and Pictures. There are five article sections (each with sub-sections), namely: Culture, Spirituality, Yoga, History and National Affairs.
• Culture covers Indian culture, festivals, dance, music and travelogues.
• Spirituality includes commentary of the Bhagavad Gita & Upanishads, Tantra, Vedanta, Buddha Vakhya, Jaina Darsana, Science & Indian Wisdom etc.
• Yoga includes Darsana, Meditation, Asanas, Research, Therapy.
• History includes Indian history, Great Indian Leaders, Indian Influence Abroad and history of Indian languages.
• National Affairs includes Ideas & Policy, Foreign & Current Affairs.
• Special Section includes Ayurveda, Books, Interpreting Vivekananda, Videos.
Why is eSamskriti seeking Crowd Funding?
eSamskriti is a unique initiative i.e. driven by a self-less desire to document Indian culture and heritage such that people know and understand India.So far it was funded by me with token contributions from friends. There are limitations on the amount of funds I can invest. Further as the dream became bigger and vision clearer the site scope increased. Hence the request for support.Given the above, eSamskriti would be appreciated by those who realize the importance of creating this knowledge bank. Returns on this effort cannot be measured through capital appreciation hence the need for larger public involvement through crowd funding.
1. Mail to late Sethumadhavanji, author of commentary on the Bhagavad Gita. 'I had been desperately praying for a guru, or someone, who could beautifully explain the revered Bhagavad Gita to me in a way, that I felt, would do justice to the actual words spoken by Bhagwan Sri Krishna and capture their true essence. I truly feel that my prayers were answered when, by chance I stumbled upon esamskriti.com."
2. Doctor, "This is a testimonial to the purity of your purpose. I regularly receive your postings and greatly enjoy them - the presentations and the subtle feelings behind them will connect to people with sensitivity and a longing for their land."
3.Management Guru who saw Tamil Nadu Temple photos, "Admire the dedication of yourself and colleagues, on such excellent work; travel; documentation; and sharing."
4. In response to Upanishads Special, a reader wrote, "Fantastic compilation. Congratulations to Mr Sethumadhavan, and thanks Sanjeev for bringing it together."
Background: I launched eSamskriti, midway through my corporate career. I’m a chartered accountant by education and I’ve worked with Hindustan Lever, ITC Classic and Star TV, in a career spanning a decade and a half. In 1998, I went on a Kailash Mansarovar yatra - and that changed the course of my life. Since then, I have been single mindedly focused on promoting Indian culture, spirituality and travel.
How was eSamskriti funded from 2001 to 2017?
It was funded by me with some help from well wishers.
What type of traffic does the site attract?
During the period January to December 2017, eSamskriti attracted 710k visitors, 11.30 lakh page views and 218 lakh hits. Average time spent on the site was 1.07 minutes. 57% of the visitors accessed eSamskriti through mobile (expect % to increase this year post site redesign). 56% of the visitors were under the age of 34 and 27% between the age 35-54.So far traffic growth is organic. One of the purposes of raising funds is to increase awareness about the site through cost-effective promotions.
What is the amount of funds required and how will it be used?
Our budget is Rs 36 lakhs for 2018 and 2019 of which we are looking to raise Rs 16 lakhs now. Details below.
Unlike earlier we are on payment, seeking authors and photographers so that quality of content is enhanced. So far editing was done entirely by me, now need help. Please explore site to know the depth and range of content put together since 2001.
As a donor do I get something in return?
Besides expressing gratitude and praying for your well-being we will be offering unique gifts to our donors. The details related to which have been displayed in the reward section of the campaign.
Please Note the gifts shall be delivered in India only and within a maximum of five weeks from date contribution is received.
What about revenue from advertisements?
With an intent to enhance user experience, advertisement on site are kept to the minimum. Google advertisements have generated negligible revenue so far.We will explore tying up with specific advertiser's - travel, lifestyle, hospitality, spirituality, traditions, wellness and content syndication with other publications.Revenue from brand advertisements shall be used for growing the site, expenses and building a corpus.
Will eSamskriti need money beyond 2019?
We hope to be self-sustaining by March 2020. If it happens earlier, the quantum of help sought would fall.
What is the legal structure?
• eSamskriti.com is owned by Sanjeev Nayyar as sole-proprietor.
• Domain name is owned by Sanjeev Nayyar.
• It has a separate bank account where monies received are deposited and payments made.
• It is governed by the Income-Tax Act, 1961.
• eSamskriti.com is not a charitable trust. Contributions do not attract income-tax benefit under section 80 (G) of the Income-Tax Act 1961.
Who can contribute?
We accept contributions in rupees only from resident Indians or Persons of Indian Origin. Every donor must give name, email id, address so that a receipt can be sent by email.
If you have any questions feel free to mail me firstname.lastname@example.org. Please share this Fund Raiser link with family and friends.
We would be happy to publish your pictures and articles on eSamskriti. Pictures of India and India in the World.
Read about my thoughts and hear why eSamskriti
1.Why & How eSamskriti https://www.esamskriti.com/why-and-how.aspx
2.Interview on Speaking Tree - Life is Leela, enjoy it to the fullest https://www.speakingtree.in/blog/life-is-a-leela-enjoy-it-to-the-fullest
3.Catch me in Conversation with Hrishi K on 94.3 FM https://www.esamskriti.com/v/Hrishi-K-in-conversation-with-Sanjeev-on-943-FM/21.aspx
eSamskriti is for all those WHO LOVE INDIA.