Every share counts!
Make a big impact by sharing on Facebook.
Rajendra Bhojne, the firemen who sustained burn injuries while rescuing a bird at the Mahalaxmi race course passed away.
raised of 3,00,000 goal
days to go
About the incident:
Rajendra Bhojne, the firemen who sustained 50% burn injuries while rescuing a bird at the Mahalaxmi race course, died on Saturday night, 21 days after he was admitted at the National Burns Centre (NBC) in Airoli. He received a guard of honour from Mumbai fire brigade (MFB)at Byculla fire station, the MFB headquarters.
Bhojne and two other firemen, Sanjay Kalbhere and Dinesh Sabankar, had suffered 25% to 60% burn injuries on December 10 when the rescuing equipment came in contact with a high-tension overhead wire. Doctors at burns centre had warned about Bhojne’s critical condition, citing the ‘deep third degree burns’ on his upper body
“He underwent two supra major surgeries, during we removed the dead skin to prevent infection. But his condition was critical due to the injuries on face and chest. He was supposed to undergo another surgery. We were only waiting for his condition to stabilise,” said Dr Sunil Keswani, from NBC, adding that the other two firemen are stable and will be discharged soon
The three firemen, Kalbhere, Sabankar and Bhojane, were from Byculla fire station were sent to rescue a bird stuck on an overhead wire near gate number six of the race course. Officials said the call was made around 7.30pm and the firemen reached the spot at 8.45 pm.
Chief fire officer, PS Rahagdale had said that the firemen were rescuing the bird with the help of a long stick which accidentally touched an overhead high-tension wire and resulted into their electrocution. The locals had rushed the three to Nair Hospital. But due to non-operational surgical ICU, since November 25, they were admitted to Wockhardt Hospital at Mumbai Central. But as their condition deteriorated further, top MFB officials shifted them to Airoli, where they were kept in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
About Rajendra Bhojane:
Late fireman Mr. Rajendra Bhojane came from a very poor background. He was the sole bread winner in his family and used to live in a chawl with his wife, 2 daughters, his mother and an unmarried sister at Titwala district,Thane.
His family is helpless now as he was all the support they had financially. The members of the Batch 696 - Mumbai fire brigade unanimously decided to raise funds and help our batch-mate's family in their hard time.
This update post today for those who are not take this incident serious because they are thinking rescuing Bird which is not a big deal.
But it is not true .
We are serving this Mumbai city 24*7. Our javan approach every call with same effort and commitment whether there is a human or animal or bird. This particular incident tells u clear about the commitment towatrds our work . Everyone can imagine if our javan can take this kind of effort at rescuing bird what effort we take when there is human in trap.
Think about it.
696 Batch decided to take initiative for instant cash contribution on day 1st when it happened .Because it will help a lot when family have financial stability atleast at a moment.
As per that initiative all fire station made a nice contribution and very soon our Batchmate will gonna decide to hand over the cash to family .
It's a tough time for family of Bhojane.
We can make some relief by donating little amount .
696 Batch - Mumbai fire Brigade.