Campaign Ended! The campaign ended on December, 19 2015
Charity Disaster Relief
Right now, over 10 lakh people have been affected by the floods. We must act now.
The worst rains in nearly 100 years have caused heavy floods in various parts of Tamil Nadu.
People are struggling to get clean drinking water and there is an urgent need to provide food & water supplies and sanitation support.
An outbreak of a major water and sanitation crisis in Chennai and other locations looks imminent.
With a breakdown in communication and their homes submerged in the floods, people in Tamil Nadu are in need of drinking water, food supplies and shelter.
In Cuddalore, approximately 120 Villages are affected, out of which 40 are severely devastated from the second spell of flooding. Around 45,000 people were residing in these villages when the Oxfam team conducted the assessment.
Right now, thousands face severe water shortage, across the affected areas in Tamil Nadu.
The people in Tamil Nadu have lost a lot in the floods. And now they are facing a shortage of food and clean drinking water. The risk of this crisis is escalating rapidly. We must act now.
Oxfam India is responding in Chennai and Cuddalore, and with your support we can save and protect the worst-affected people across the flood affected regions. We will be providing emergency food rations, water, sanitation facilities and hygiene support to the affected people.
We cannot stand by and wait for this crisis to deepen. Please give what you can today. The funds raised on this page will be donated to Oxfam India. The funds will be used for
1) INR 5,400 can help provide emergency shelter assistance including tarpaulins, ground sheet, Kitchen set, mosquito nets, and blankets for 1 family.
2) INR 9,000 can help in providing an emergency latrine to 15 persons.
3) INR 10,000 can provide food security to two family of 6 for 1 month.
4) INR 17,000 can help Oxfam drill a shallow hand pump and provide supply life-saving clean water for 50 persons
5) INR 30,000 can help in providing toilets for 60 people in an area devastated by a natural disaster.
6) INR 54,000 can help provide emergency shelter assistance including tarpaulins, ground sheet, solar lamps, and blankets for 10 families.
7) INR 108,000 can help provide emergency shelter assistance including tarpaulins, ground sheet, solar lamps, and blankets for 20 families.
8) INR 216,000 can help provide emergency shelter assistance including tarpaulins, ground sheet, solar lamps, and blankets for 40 families.
9) Any other amount.
*Includes tarpaulins, ground sheets, solar lamps and blankets
Please support this campaign. Let’s come together for our fellow friends, brothers and sisters.
The News Minute